Monday 24 August 2015

Flies…and time

I find I am being driven slowly, quietly (not so quietly) insane by the number of flies there are in my house this year - has anyone else found there seem to be a lot more than usual?  I know I live on a farm (although not a working farm), by a lake, so a certain amount is to be expected but this year there seem to be, literally, thousands - every morning when I come down they are on the windows, buzzing around…

A timely post therefore, just popped into my mail box from Remodelista  - a very stylish way of keeping the flies out.

I have seen this done in a much more basic (and cheaper) way in Nepal - Bhutanese friends of ours who live in Kathmandu keep a plastic bag filled with water hanging from a curtain pole in each room.  They also put a coin in the bag, although to what additional purpose, I'm not sure.  Anyway, they assure me it works - apparently the flies get confused by the refraction of light and fly away.



(http://www.remodelista.com/posts/anti-fly-glass-sphere-by-studio-jos-de-la-o)

I don't think I can quite bring myself to hang plastic bags in the rooms (aesthete that I am), so might give one of these a go and see what happens.

I haven't posted a blog for many a long month (over a year in fact), but am now planning to remedy that by posting once a week.  We shall see.

Debbie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!