Monday 8 October 2012

The times they are a'changin.....

I was chatting to a friend today, and she started to talk about her younger son, and his education.  A friend of hers, who has a child in the same class at school, joined in and made a statement which, though I know is probably true, has really made me think.

They were talking about reading, and writing, and the friend of a friend said "I'm not too worried about her handwriting, because by the time she grows up, they won't BE writing..." - and of course, she could be right.  I came home, still pondering this comment, and purely by chance read an article in Elle Decoration which said that a recent survey found that the people questioned had not actually written (by hand) anything for an average of 41 days. Incredible isn't it?  But the way things are going I suppose.

I would usually have said "It's sad", but given the recent events in Wales, can't - the disappearance of that sweet little girl is truly truly sad.  My heart goes out to her family.  Rest in peace little April.

Debbie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!